Hi! I'm Alana McCarthy
I’m an illustrator, letterer and designer from Toronto who's eye-catching imagery will capture your brand's unique visual story.
I’m an honours graduate from OCAD illustration and am the perfect combination of artist and designer. I spent eight years in-house as a Senior Designer in Nelvana Animation’s Creative Services. So I also know my way around marketing and licensing for the toy and children's entertainment industry.
I have had the pleasure of working with clients such as Disney/Pixar, Nickelodeon, The Wall Street Journal, Taco Bell, Cadbury, Coca Cola, Scholastic, Penguin Books, and Absolut Vodka. My work has been recognized by Communication Arts, American Illustration and HOW Magazine. Fun fact: I was once a serving wench at Medieval Times! More ale m’lord?
"Alana is a dream to work with -- she's communicative, prompt, follows direction,
and professional on top of being brilliantly creative. It's been a real pleasure to work with her."
- Arlene Miller, Art Director at Pearson Education
"Alana blew me away with her initial sketch for my book, and I knew immediately she was going to create something above and beyond what I'd hoped for - and she did! The cover for my book 'Hummingbird' is incredible, and feedback from a huge number of readers/bloggers during this pre-launch stage confirms they all think it's stunning, too! Alana has been amazing to work with - incredibly knowledgeable, professional, helpful and friendly. I was in very safe hands and I'm thrilled with the result. Thanks, Alana!"
- Fran Grant, Author of Hummingbird
"Working with Alana was great. With little direction she came up with a beautiful hand
lettered/illustrated logo for us, incorporating the cutest worms ever! Client was super happy."
- Lindsey Jacobs, Graphic Designer
"Alana is a best-in-class professional in creative design. With keen attention to detail and impeccable sense of layout and aesthetics, Alana takes the stress out of deadlines and always delivers on time. Her skills in illustrations, calligraphy and typography are what make her a stand-out designer and visual artist. She is a delight to work with, and remarkably creative and talented."
- Cara Bleskie, Development Manager, Nelvana
- Absolut Vodka
- Cadbury Chocolate
- Chickadee Magazine - Owlkids
- Corus Entertainment
- Dairy Farmers of Canada - Milk
- Dr. Scholl's
- Hudson's Bay Company
- Kodiak Boots
- Leo Burnett
- Nelson Thomson Learning
- Oxford Press
- Paw Patrol
- Pearson Education
- Penguin Books
- President's Choice
- Rogers Media
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Steamwhistle Brewery
- Thomson Financial Media
- TBWA / Chiat / Day
- Taco Bell
- Wall Street Journal
- 2021 American Illustration 40 Chosen Winner - Taco Bell "Dream"
- 2011 Corus President's Award - Babar & Badou Style Guide
- 2011 Gemini Award - Best Cross-Platform project for Children and Youth - Babar and Badou Interactive Website
- 2007 Communication Arts Illustration Annual #48
- 2007 American Illustration #26 - Chosen
- 2002 OCAD Illustration - AOCAD with Honours
- 2004 HOW Magazine Design Award
- 2002 Applied Arts Award
Let's work together! Request a quote using the form below.
Please note your budget, timing and details of the project
Phone 416-979-1936 | Email art@AlanaMcCarthy.com